EXERCISE IS MEDICINE

Welcome All to the West Cork Fit blog. I have started this blog because I find myself answering questions on a daily basis posed by participants in my exercise groups who are new to exercise, daily walkers, seasoned runners & gym goers and sports players. More often that not, once a question is asked, everyone else listens in to see what the answer is. So, here I am now, answering the various questions that have been posed to me, in the best way that I can. Some stuff will be referenced, some answers will be given based on my opinion and experience....and sometimes, it may be a plain rant. Either way, comments are welcomed, as are questions. Remember that sometimes, the answers I give may be directed at different groups, so please don't bite my head off if the information doesn't relate to you.....for example - those dedicated individuals who do lots of strength training will find my advice on running to be absolutely nuts. But those individuals rarely factor long duration aerobic training into their schedules as it isn't conducive to muscle growth - so for them, running is a bit nuts as it would be counter productive in some cases.
However, what everyone must realise is that no matter what kind of regular physical activity you partake in, it's better than no physical activity. Remember that 'Exercise is Medicine' and if you want to exercise to attain specific goals, you should take the advice of a professional at your gym or in your community. If there are any issues you want to have addressed in this weekly blog, please feel free to post or email me requests. Until next week - Happy Exercising ;)

Comments